West Bengal, India
Do you want to open your Zero Balance Bank Account online with video KYC in which you don’t have to visit Bank?
In this post, I will share with you the best-trusted banks in India where you can open your Saving Account with Zero Balance.
Benefits of Online Bank Account without Branch Visit:
- You will get a zero balance Saving Account
- No limit on Maximum balance
- You will get facilities like Mobile Banking, Net-Banking, Debit Card
- SMS Alerts on every acitivity.
- You can add Nomine to your account.
- Monthly Bank Statement in your email.
All these features make these banks best for Students who recently went to another town to attend their college.
So let’s start our list with the most popular public sector bank, SBI.
SBI Insta Plus Saving Account
You can open Insta Plus Saving Account with zero Balance through YONO App or Online SBI. Check documents required, eligibility & all the details below.
Facilities and Features of SBI Insta Plus Saving Account
- Open your Account through Video KYC.
- Paperless account opening.
- No Branch Visit Needed.
- Only Aadhaar details & PAN(Physical) required.
- You can use NEFT, IMPS, UPI etc through YONO app or Online SBI to tansfer funds.
- Rupay classic card will be issued.
- SMS Alerts, SBI Quick Missed call facility available.
- Facility of transfer of accounts through Internet Banking channel.
- Nomination facility is mandatory.
- Please note that Cheque book can be issued once customer visits the home branch and updates signature.
- Passbook will be issued if requested by the customer.
Eligibility & Requirement for SBI Insta Plus Saving Account
- Resident Indians above 18 years of age and who are literate.
- New to bank customer and does not have a CIF with SBI. In case customer has any active relationship/CIF with the bank, she/he is not eligible for this account.
- Mode of operation allowed is only “Single”.
- Physical (Original) PAN and Aadhaar number are mandatory.
- Aadhaar bears the current address of the customer and mobile number as submitted in Aadhaar details must be in possession of the customer as OTP will be triggered on the same number.
- Mobile number is mandatory.
- Customer should be physically present in India during the complete account opening process.
How to open SBI Insta Savings Account?
- Download YONO App
- Click New to SBI—Open Savings Account → Without Branch visit→ Insta Plus Savings Account
- Enter your PAN, Aadhaar details
- Enter OTP sent to Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- Enter other relevant details
- Schedule Video Call
- Login to the YONO App at the scheduled time through Resume and complete the Video KYC process
- Your Insta Plus Savings account will be opened, Account will be activated for debit transactions after verification by Bank Officials.
How to apply for Cheque Book in SBI Insta Plus Saving Account?
Cheque Book can be availed once you visit the Home Branch and update your signature in your account.
Now let’s head to the second bank on our list to open an Online Bank Account Opening with Zero Balance.
HDFC Online Savings InstaAccount
HDFC is India’s largest private sector bank by assets and the world’s 10th largest bank by market capitalisation as of April 2021. Let’s see how you can open Zero Balance HDFC Online Saving Account.
Facilities and Features of HDFC Online Savings Account
- You will get 24×7 access to one’s Savings Account via NetBanking or our mobile app, in addition to HDFC Bank’s wide network of branches and ATMs.
- You also get to make the most of exclusive deals and offers on the Debit Cards.
- Some variants of HDFC Bank Savings Account also offer features like unlimited cash withdrawals at ATMs and zero-balance maintenance requirement, which further adds to the appeal of a Savings Account.
Eligibility & Requirement for HDFC Online Saving Account
Please ensure before you open your account and connect for Video KYC
- Aadhar with active Mobile Number to recieve OTP.
- Above 18 years of age
- Have original PAN card
- You will need to keep your physical Pan Card & Aadhar card with you before you connect for Video KYC.
- Proper mobile network and lighting in your room
- Keep blank white sheet paper and black/blue pen for signature capture
How to Open HDFC Online Saving Account
ICICI Zero Balance Savings Account
ICICI Bank Limited is an Indian multinational bank and financial services company headquartered in the city of Vadodara, India. Check out the Facilities, Features & Eligibility for Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) from ICICI Bank.
Facilities and Features of ICICI Zero Balance Savings Account
- No minimum Monthly Average Balance required
- No initial deposit is needed to open your account
- Offers a single or joint mode of holding
- You get a free Rupay Debit Card facility
- You get a free passbook facility
- Internet Banking and Mobile Banking are available, on request
Eligibility & Requirement for ICICI Zero Balance Savings Account
- Indian resident, above 18 years of age.
- Photo ID proof (Aadhar or Voter ID Card) & Pan Card
- Address proof
- Declaration form, for basic Savings Account, filled by the customer.
What is Zero Balance Bank Account in India?
A Zero Balance Account is a Saving Bank Account where if you have zero balance in it, you will not going to be charged.
Can I open SBI account with zero balance?
Yes, you can open SBI Insta Plus Saving Account online for Zero Balance Bank Account.
Can NRI open Zero Balance Saving Account in India?
No, only Indian citizens can open their Online Zero Balance Saving Account.