About Civil Engineer
Civil engineers plan, Survey, design, and supervise the construction of buildings infrastructures and facilities, civil engineers supervise such as dams, highways, big buildings, water supply system, tunnels, harbor offshore structures that are essential for human life, and building colonies. A civil engineer design and construct and maintain the projects. Apart from this civil engineers helps human life form in protecting and preserving the environment by planning different ways to reduce future pollution of air
There are two types of civil engineers. First, ones are more consultants who focus on design work and generally spend more time in the office or working with clients, and other types of civil engineers are contractors who are more involved with keeping an eye on the physical construction and are usually based on-site. Both challenging environments, and all civil engineers are required to be innovative and logical individuals.
Eligibility Criteria to become civil engineer in Diploma
- Students can Apply for doing civil engineering after 10th By applying for admission in a diploma or after 12th students can apply for B.tech Colleges or apply for Diploma in civil engineering
- Students must have to score in 10th and 12th at least 75%, However, the Percentages may vary for different categories
- You must have scored well enough in Polytechnic Entrance to get admission in Polytechnic Colleges.
- Few Polytechnic Colleges also follow the minimum score for eligibility for students.
Types of Jobs Roles in Diploma Civil Engineering
- Transportation Engineers – As the name suggests they mainly focus on planning and operate transport sites Such as airports, Seaports, Harbor, Highways ETC.
- Construction Engineers – In this type, Civil engineers handle and design the project in person to the construction site, they manage to complete the project on the construction project right time
- Structural Engineers – They handle big projects, such as big buildings, dams, highways, etc. they design and ensure the project strength and durability
- Civil Engineers – They deal with critical problems such as disaster, floods, etc their job is to manage and reduce the casualties in the disaster
- Highway Engineers – Their Job is to design and map the road networks, parking spaces, subways, underground platforms. Highway engineers are concerned with road building and traffic management.
- Water Management Engineers – As the name suggests their job to manage water supply and sewerage systems
- Geo-Technical Engineers – Their responsibility is to make sure that the foundations of the buildings, streets, runways, dams, etc. They focus on how structures built by civil engineers, such as buildings and tunnels, interact with the earth (including soil and rock).
Employment opportunities in Diploma Civil Engineers
After Diploma Students can apply for some limited government jobs till they Graduate, But there are stills some good jobs with good paygrade in government sectors
- SSC JE – You can apply in SSC JE (Junior Engineer), this exams comes every year, and it has two papers to qualify this exam
- RRB JE – You can apply in Railway Junior Engineers Jobs (RRB JE)
- You can apply for other private companies like L&T
Books for Becoming Civil Engineers in Diploma
|Books Name||Get Syllabus|
|Strength of Material||Click here|
|Building Material||Click here|
|Building Drawing||Click here|
|Highway Engineering||Click here|
|Irrigation Engineering||Click here|
|Soil Mechanics||Click here|
|Basic Physics, Chemistry||Click here|
Polytechnic Colleges for Civil Engineers in Jharkhand
|Polytechnic Colleges Name||Get Portal Links to get details|
|Government Polytechnic Dhanbad||Get Details|
|Government Polytechnic Dumka||Get Details|
|Government Polytechnic Ranchi||Get Details|
|Government Polytechnic Simedega||Get Details|
|Government Polytechnic Latehar||Get Details|
|Government Polytechnic Sahibganj||Get Details|
|Government Women Polytechnic Dumka||Get Details|
|Government Polytechnic Lohardagga||Get Details|
|Silli Polytechnic College Ranchi||Get Details|
|Government Polytechnic Jagganathpur||Get Details|