West Bengal, India
Government Polytechnic Nirsa is a Polytechnic College in Nirsa, Dhanbad. Previously it was in the main city of Dhanbad but currently, it is shifted to its new building in Nirsa, Dhanbad. Government Polytechnic Nirsa formerly known as Mining Institute, Dhanbad was established in the year 1958 by the State Government of Bihar to cater to the needs of mining and mineral industries in respect of technicians and supervisors.
Initially, this institute has only one branch of Engineering, namely Mining, but it currently has Civil and Mechanical Engineering. This college is affiliated with Jharkhand University of Technology (JUT), Ranchi.
|Affiliated||Jharkhand University of Technology (JUT) Ranchi|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based (JCECEB)|
Following Diploma/Polytechnic Courses are available in Government Polytechnic Nirsa (GP Nirsa). The first and second semesters of every Branch have a common syllabus. From the 3rd semester, students follow their branch syllabus which includes common subjects like Maths and DLS in every branch along with branch papers. Students from the 4th semester have to study their branch papers and in the 5th semester, students are asked for training in industries to get real work experience.
The syllabus and Academic Session of Mining are Different from the other branches of the Polytechnic in Jharkhand.
|Civil||60||JUT Civil Syllabus|
|Mechanical||60||JUT Mech Syllabus|
The maximum allowed student intake for the Civil, Mechanical & Mining Engineering diploma course is 60 for the academic year 2017-2018.
College Facilities of GP Nirsa
Government Polytechnic Nirsa’s new building is full of facilities.
- Hostel: Government Polytechnic Nirsa has well-condition hostel facilities and accommodation for students at Jharkhand Polytechnic. Hostel charges included Rs. 71/- per month.
- Libary: GP Nirsa has a library for students as well as teachers of the institution. Students of Government Polytechnic Nirsa can issue books from the library. All books are available according to the syllabus of Jharkhand Polytechnic issued by JUT.
- Department of Mining: GP Nirsa have a separate Department for Diploma in Mining Engineering.
- Mining & Geology Lab: GP Nirsa has a well-developed mining and geology lab for the students of this institution.
- Computer, Electrical, Surveying Lab: This institution also has a Computer Lab for all the students, and an Electrical Lab & Surveying Lab for the Civil Department of this institution.
- There are also a few other facilities like a workshop and canteen for all the students and teachers of Government Polytechnic Nirsa.
- We couldn’t collect much information about GP Nirsa but if you want to know more about this college you can join our Telegram group where you can find many students of this institution.
Admission is taken based on the entrance examination taken by the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB). In the Entrance Exam applicants are required to appear for a written test of three hours duration in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates are then called for counselling to allot the College and Branch of study based on performance in the Entrance Test and Candidates’ preferences.
You can Check the Entrance Syllabus and Exam Pattern from here.
After appearing in Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance Exam, Students have to apply for this college during online counselling.
You can contact the State Officer of Campus Administration Sri Rajdeo Kumar (Mobile No. :- 9431689272) of Government Polytechnic Dhanbad if you face any problems during Admission.
The fee structure of Government Polytechnic Nirsa (GP Nirsa) is almost the same as all of the Government Polytechnic colleges in Jharkhand under the JUT board. The fee structure for a 3-year Diploma is different for different categories of seats. If an ST/SC student gets a general seat, they have to pay the fees of a General seat and if a girl gets a seat they have to pay ₹205. Every student has to pay an additional fee for admission every year.
|Category||Fees Per Annum|
Charges for Hostel and Mess are not included in the annual fee provided above. All students residing in the hostel have to pay Rs. 71/- per month and mess is private so if they want mess they have to pay more according to to mess.
Government Polytechnic Nirsa, College Faculties, and Staff Details are mentioned below.
|Dr B. K. Pandey||Principal|
|Md. Sakil||Lecturer of Electrical/Mechanical Engg.|
|Dr Raj Shekhar Prasad||Geology Lecturer|
|Sri Rajdeo Kumar||Mechanical Engg Lecturer|
|Sri R. R. Paswan||Instructor (Mining Engg.)|
|Sri Shree Ram||Instructor (Electrical Engg.)|
|Sri Ram Chandra Prasad Sinha||Instructor (Geology)|
|Sri S. S. Mistry||Instructor (Carpentry)|
|Sri Rajdeo Kumar||Hostel Superintendent|
You can check the full details of the staff members and faculties with their contact details of Government Polytechnic Nirsa on the Administration Section of their official website.
Placement in Government Polytechnic Nirsa
GP Nirsa has a Training & Placement Department to look after the placement of the intuition.
Scholarship in GP Nirsa
Every year students of Government Polytechnic Nirsa get scholarships for their education from the Government of Jharkhand. Students can apply for the scholarship from E Kalyan.
Contact Details of GP Nirsa
- Contact Number: 9430101381 Sri Dinesh Rajak (Registration Dept.)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: www.gpnirsa.org
What is the official website of Government Polytechnic Nirsa, Dhanbad?
www.gpnirsa.org is the official website of Government Polytechnic Nirsa, Dhanbad.
Who is the Principal of Government Polytechnic Nirsa, Dhanbad?
Dr B. K. Pandey is the current Principal of GP Nirsa.
Who is the Libraraian of GP Nirsa, Dhanbad?
Sri Ram Sahay Yadav is the current Libaraian of GP Nirsa Dhanbad.
When GP Nirsa was established?
GP Nirsa was established in 1958 as Mining Institute, Dhanbad to cater to the needs of mining and mineral industries in respect of technicians and supervisors.
How much is GP Nirsa far from Govindpur Dhanbad?
Government Polytechnic Nirsa, Dhanbad is 16.6 km far from Govindpur Dhanbad.