West Bengal, India
L&T Diploma Engineer Trainee Assessment: A Guide for Aspiring Candidates
|L&T Test Taker Manual||Assessment-User-Manual-.pdf (lntedutech.com)|
|Check your device settings||L&T Edutech – Proctor (lntedutech.com)|
|Apply L&T DET 2023||L&T DET Off-Campus 2023|
Larsen & Toubro (L&T) is one of India’s leading engineering and construction conglomerates, with a presence in various sectors such as infrastructure, power, defence, hydrocarbon, heavy engineering, and more. L&T offers a range of career opportunities for fresh graduates and experienced professionals who want to be part of its dynamic and innovative workforce.
- 3 years / 6 semester diploma course (full-time) after SSC or equivalent / HSC examination.
- Students expecting to qualify their diploma by 30th June 2023.
- Any Graduation before or after diploma in Engineering/Science/Arts etc are not eligible to apply
- Sandwich courses are not eligible.
- Should qualify their diploma in first attempt with a minimum aggregate of 60%.
- No Backlogs / Arrears.
- Born between 1-7-2001 and 30-6-2005, both days inclusive.
- Foreign nationals are not eligible.
- Any subject / paper not cleared during usual attempt and re-attempted for whatsoever reason will be considered as a second attempt.
- Company reserves the right to alter the requirements / branches eligible & eligibility criteria.
One of the entry-level positions that L&T recruits for is the Diploma Engineer Trainee (DET). This is a role for diploma holders in various engineering disciplines such as civil, mechanical, electrical, electronics, instrumentation, etc. The DETs undergo a rigorous training program for 18 months, during which they learn the technical and managerial aspects of L&T’s projects and operations. After successfully completing the training, they are absorbed as Junior Engineers in L&T’s various business units.
Syllabus, Exam Pattern
If you are a diploma holder in engineering and aspire to join L&T as a DET, you must clear the L&T Diploma Engineer Trainee Assessment. This is a written test that evaluates your aptitude, technical knowledge, and communication skills. The test is conducted online and consists of multiple-choice questions. The test duration is 120 minutes and the total number of questions is 120. The test is divided into four sections:
|Section A: Analytical Ability||30|
|Section B: Quantitative Ability||30|
|Section C: Verbal Ability||30|
|Section C: Domain||30|
The aptitude section tests your logical reasoning, numerical ability, data interpretation, and general awareness. The technical section tests your domain knowledge in your respective engineering discipline. The English section tests your grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing skills.
The difficulty level of the test is moderate to high and the cut-off marks vary depending on the number of applicants and vacancies. You need to score well in each section to qualify for the next stage of the selection process, which is the personal interview.
To prepare for the L&T Diploma Engineer Trainee Assessment, you need to follow a systematic study plan that covers all the topics and concepts relevant to the test. You also need to practice solving previous year’s papers and mock tests to familiarize yourself with the test pattern and time management. You can find various online resources and books that can help you with your preparation.
Some tips to ace the L&T Diploma Engineer Trainee Assessment are:
- Revise your diploma syllabus thoroughly and focus on the core topics of your engineering discipline.
- Brush up your basic math and reasoning skills and solve different types of problems involving speed, distance, time, ratio, proportion, percentage, etc.
- Read newspapers and magazines regularly to improve your general awareness and English proficiency.
- Attempt mock tests online and analyze your performance and areas of improvement.
- Be confident and calm during the test and avoid guesswork and negative marking.
The L&T Diploma Engineer Trainee Assessment is a golden opportunity for diploma holders in engineering to join one of India’s most reputed companies. If you are passionate about engineering and want to work on challenging and diverse projects, you should apply for this position and prepare well for the test. All the best!